Thursday 21 April 2011

The reason I replaced my mirrors

I have always had good luck with my cars.  I have only been in one crash (in my father's car, with him in it), and I haven't had any disastrous mechanical malfunction.  I haven't scratched, dented, or otherwise damaged my car.

Over the winter, our car was parked at the end of T-junction.  I wasn't driving it in the snow, so there is sat, waiting for some sunshine and warmth.  One day, just before Christmas, I looked out and I thought the door looked a bit funny....
There was some ice on the road, and some idiot had failed to brake properly, and slid down the hill into the passenger side door of our car.  They then drove away.
Grrrr....





So, I went out to purchase a new door, which was replaced with one of a slightly different colour.  I didn't take any photos of it, because it looked horrible!
Anyway, I replaced the door, and was glad to have it sorted.  My anger dissipated over Christmas, and I thought, 'it's okay, it's no big deal.  Just don't park there again, and it will be fine'.

Then on New Year's Day, I went out and glanced over at the car.  Something didn't look right...
Some idiot didn't like my driver's door mirror, so they thought it would be a good idea to kick it.  Perhaps they were just full of New Year's booze, but it still got me angry.
I had a perfect record of damage free motoring, and this happens?  Two incidents in two weeks?
Again, I didn't take any pictures.  I contacted the chap that sold me a replacement - correctly coloured - door, and he had a set of chrome OEM Mazda mirrors sitting around.  For £50, I was set!  I didn't get a chance to put them on for a while (not until last weekend) - my wife was afraid they would attract more vandalism.  I thought they might be a bit too kitcsh, but after installation, I thought they looked pretty good!
A few weeks ago, my neighbor backed into the front of the car, and cracked the black plastic number plate frame.  I took that off and just screwed the number plate directly to the bumper.

But that wasn't the end of it.  I was involved in a bumper bender a while back, which made me even more angry!
That's a story for another day, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment